Apple Says: New Music for June 25, 2021
Again, another bust in Apple Music world… We have a lot of duplicate and singles, plus a lot of music that we just would not like on this site. Let’s take a look at what Apple Music said we should listen to this week and break it down song by song.
- Bring Mercy by Sleater-Kinney – Seriously, my wife needs to not put her music on my music account. SKIP
- Biting My Tongue by The Veronicas – Okay, guilty pleasure music with The Veronicas. There isn’t much English music I like but them…
- Multicolor by Playa Limbo – Third song is a charm to get something we would like. Playa Limbo has changed a lot from its beginnings and it is still good just not as good.
- Hora Y Cuarto by Ana Torroja and Alaska – I never heard this was happening, but okay… my ears are perked. Anything with Alaska is on my list.
- Ya Me Acorde by Sandoval – As much as I try, I am just not a big fan of Sandoval. Give me Lu back.
- Howling by Pinn – My wife downloads one KPop song and now I get recommendations. DISLIKE.
- Juntos by Gloria Aura – Glad to see she is still around but I need something a little more upbeat from her.
- Medly Desencuentros by Natalia Sosa – Sounds like a nightclub lounge singer… SKIP
- Miento (Acoustic) by Leonel Garcia – Too slow. I’m bored.
- Xolotl by Flor Amargo – An instrumental song featuring a piano and what sounds like birds squealing. She is always a little on the unique side. SKIP
- Todavia by Kika Edgar, Gabriel Salas, and Big Band Jazz De Mexico – I have no clue why this is on my list… It’s jazz bands. SKIP.
- Agarrense De Las Manos by Carlos Rivera and Jose Luis Rodriguez – I remember watching JLR singing this song on Siempre En Domingo back in the ’80s. This duet version is a flamenco version and it is pretty good.
- Parar La Tierra by Viva Suecia – New single by this band. I like this band and the song is pretty decent. Can’t wait for more.
- Darte Algo Mejor by Maria Rodes – Slow and boring and not even a person on my list. Skip.
- Lo Que Se Va by Andres Cepeda and Ximena Sariñana – Light urban beats and if it weren’t for Ximena, I would have already turned it off. Her vocals make the music not so bad.
- Mia by Danna Paola – Too urban for me but for an urban track, it’s not horrible. Still skipping.
- Nos Queda Verano by Los Claxons and Marissa Mur – A little fun summer track. A pretty decent pop song that makes you bounce. Comes from an EP or a short album from Los Claxons. I’ll check it out.
- Black Cadillac by Club Candy – I saw this group on Twitter the other day and the song sounded ’80srific. It’s mostly instrumental but fun. They are on my watch list.
- Malo by Matisse and Mau Y Ricky – More urbaness. I’ve gotta dislike it
- Wildflower Wildfire by Lana Del Rey – My wife’s music. Sorry, Apple Music.
- Amores by Natisu – I have not heard of Natisu but the female voice has me intrigued. Added to the library for now.
- Botafuego by Black Mambo – Club and techno-infused music with Caribbean beats. Odd but not my style.
- Conexion Perfecto by Ferraz & Eliangel – The artist is Ferraz, who performs duets with lots of different people on the album. The album is classified as funk, but it has a disco beat to a few of the tracks. I’m gonna give this a go…
- Heartbreak Hotel by Karen Souza – A jazz version of Elvis’s song. I’m gonna say no.
- Tornado Tequila by Bely Basarte – For the last song, I hoped for something good but I can take it or leave it. Nothing special but it reminds me of Saturday Night Divas by the Spice Girls without the beats. I’ll give this a sigh and turn off the playlist.
And that is this week’s new music recommendations…
Latest posts by Jae Morgan (see all)
- REVIEW: Los Claxons – Caminando En Fuego (2022) - November 6, 2022
- Review: Airbag – Siempre Tropical (2022) - November 6, 2022
- Debut: Thalia – Psycho Bitch - November 6, 2022