New website, new name for this section. I loved it before because I am a Apple Music fan. We have the family plan so both my wife and I can listen to different music but also the same music. It saves money for us to share but the hazards of that is different tastes in music.
For the most part, we listen to the same music. For the most part. That “most” area comes when I am trying to work this website for new music and I got recommendations that do not fall within my guidelines. Trick is to dislike a lot of her music but sadly, I don’t dislike it. In order to keep the recommendations similar, sometimes you have to not dislike too.
New music recommendations arrive Friday morning, so it gives me the weekend to decide what to review for the upcoming week. This is an awesome feature that I love about Apple Music. This list is not actual reviews but what we need to dive into next week.
- Satanismo, arte abstracto y Acid House by Fangoria – New EP by the group that will definitely be on my list for next week.
- Wolves by Garbage – My wife is a Garbage lover, so this is why its on here… We will skip for the website.
- Cuando El Mundo Colapse by La Habitacion Roja – I have most of their albums downloaded, so lets review this.
- Cura Mi Corazon by Triangulo de Amor Bizarro – Just recently found this band. The album is already downloaded, so we’ll work on this review.
- Aire Nuevo by La Plata – It’s just a single and I am trying to stay away from reviewing singles. Sounds very new wave ’80s so I will download the song.
- Amor Sin O by Los Pilotos & Marcela Viejo – I don’t know either of these artists but the song sounds decent. This is from the new Los Pilotos album, so I will check them out this week to see if they are worth my time.
- Dopamina by Chica Sobresalta – This song is off the new album by the band. I know I have heard of them but have not dug into their music. Definitely added.
- Hacerte El Amor by Venturi – Another band I have not heard. The song is seems good enough to check out the entire album.
- Himne De La Melangoa by Joan Colomo – I’ve heard music in the past from him but nothing concrete on my radar. Song seems okay. This is a maybe.
- Alegria De VIvir by Tu Otra Bonita – Another unknown band but the song does nothing for me. I can skip.
- La Herida by Sonograma – I like unknown bands. This one has a decent beat. Full ablum. Let’s do it.
- Alma Mia/Tue Me Acostumbraste by Natalia LaFourcade – My wife likes her traditional music and I like her pop music. If it ain’t pop, I’m not reviewing.
- Worry With You by Sleater-Kinney – Another on of my wife’s favorites. Skip.
- Sonambulo by Porter – A single by the band. I have this band on my downloads but the song isn’t worth its own review.
- Para La Eternidad by Leonel Garcia & Ximerna Sariñana – This is a multilingual duet on Leonel’s new album 45RPM. Normally not a fan of his music, I may skip it for now.
- Superman by Stephanie Salas – We don’t get new music from Ms. Salas very often so definitely on my download list.
- Star Power by Magneto – The only reason this is on the list is because of the same name as the Mexican boyband, Magneto. This is not the same.
- Mi Amor Soy Yo by Zemmoa & Tessa La – I don’t know how I feel about this. It’s only a single, so we can see where this goes later.
- Lideres by Aterciopelaados – With every album, I try but I just don’t care for this band. Skip.
- El Condor Pasa by Volumen Cero – A very bad English track that I really had to fast forward. Pass.
- Piscis by Casster – A single with a disco vibe. I am digging it but all that is available is a handful of singles and no album. Download and add to my upcoming roadtrip playlist.
- Te Quiero Tanto by Black Guayaba – What I hear was okay. It’s an EP. I will download and take a listen to see if any of the other tracks are good.
- Calaveras by Mon LaFerte – Mon LaFerte has official left the Alt-rock genre and is a non-traditional traditional Mexican music singer. There is nothing rock or pop about this song or album. Off my radar until she returns to her rock roots.
- Chica Fatal by Hispana & Paty Cantu – Sorry, Paty. This music is pure urban junk and I have to say this is a hard no.
- NTDDP by Fran and Caztro – An oddly intriguing song by a duo with a lot of singles. Based on the titles of previous singles, I may need to listen more.
And that is Apple’s New Music playlist for today. Lots of good stuff to go through this coming week.